Test your knowledge of active and passive voice with this grammar exercise. Each sentence given below is in the active voice. Change it ...
Third Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement Instructions Select the appropriate verbs from the drop-down menus to complete each sentence ...
Find out the verbs in the following sentences and state whether they are in the active voice or passive voice. 1. The boy killed t...
A Second Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement After each sentence select the verb form that will best fit in the blank. The explanation ...
When the verb has two objects Many verbs can be followed by two objects – a direct object and an indirect object . Common verbs tha...
Direct to Indirect Speech In this section, We are going to see How the conversion of Direct to Indirect Speech and Indirect to Direct ...
My Happy Family Slideshow : Selvi’s trip from Sivakāsi (near Madurai , Tamil Nadu , India ) to Pondicherry was created by TripAdvisor . See...
Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the...
Basic Principle: Singular subjects need singular verbs; plural subjects need plural verbs. My brother is a nutritionist. My sisters ar...
Monday, March 30, 2015
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Saturday, March 14, 2015
Monday, March 2, 2015
Find out the verbs in the following sentences and state whether they are in the active voice or passive voice.
1. The boy killed the spider.
2. This house was built by my grandfather.
3. The boy was bitten by a snake.
4. The loud noise frightened the cows.
5. His command was promptly obeyed.
6. All the milk was drunk by the cat.
7. She opened the door.
8. A stone struck me on the head.
9. I have just posted the letter.
10. The minister inaugurated the exhibition.
1. Verb – killed; active voice
2. verb – was built; passive voice
3. Verb – was bitten; passive voice
4. Verb – frightened; active voice
5. Verb – was obeyed; passive voice
6. Verb – was drunk; passive voice
7. Verb – opened; active voice
8. Verb – struck; active voice
9. Verb – have posted; active voice
10. Verb – inaugurated; active voice
Read more at http://www.englishpractice.com/writing/active-passive-voice-worksheets/#qmjlwBqOTXJ3LpCE.99